Craft Fair 101: My Check List
You have been accepted.....here is a great list of things to bring....One of the most common questions I get asked at craft fairs is how do you know what to bring? For me, I typically just bring the same thing every time but it seems like it’s Murphy’s Law of Craft Fairs that I always forget something. The important thing is to plan as well as you can and roll with the punches – chances are someone can help you out if you forget something.
Basic Booth Items:
- Tablecloths that go to the floor, at least in front
- Tent if you’ll be selling outside
- Any other furniture you might need (backdrop, shelving, walls, etc.)
- Sign with your business name
- Business cards/Handouts for your customers
- Signs with prices of your items/individual price tags for your items
- Smaller containers and display pieces for your products
- All your products of course!
- Cash box or apron
- Change (I usually take $20 in $1s, $30 in $5, and $20 in $10s)
- Credit card reader (Such as Square) Love this new invention...has increased my sales by 40%
- Phone/tablet for using credit card reader
- Charging cords for electronics
- Receipt slips
- Bags for your products
- Labels for your products
- assorted binder clips
- safety pins of all sizes
- colored cardstock that coordinates with your displays (for emergency signs/price cards)
- straight pins
- extra plastic bags
- I combine all these items into a bag I call the “show case” that I just always know to put in the car, that way I don’t have to check that I have each of these items individually before each show.
- Water bottle/water
- Food for meals throughout the day
- Aspirin/headache medicine/ibuprofen
- Comfortable shoes
- A sweater or jacket for changing temperatures
Be sure to stop in my Etsy shop...new items added daily...the holidays are right around the corner!